Skin Tips By Tamara Quaddoumi
“What you put on the inside is what shows up on the outside”, says Tamara Quaddoumi, PCOS and Health coach. Here are her tips for better skin that complement your skincare routine.
Tip #1 - Face Mapping
Face mapping is the ability to see the reflection of the body's organs on each part of the face by observing the face's complexion — such as luster, dullness, color, and breakouts. The history of face mapping dates back several thousands of years to the days of ancient Chinese medicine. And, although the concept has evolved over time, the core idea remains the same: where you're breaking out is a reflection of what's going on in your body.
Focusing on the T-zone, this is what it means when you break out on:
- Forehead: a diet high in bad fats, high in processed foods, irregular sleep.
- Nose: indigestion, bloating, and bad circulation.
- Cheeks: high dairy diet, stress, and allergies.
- Chin: hormonal imbalance, stress, kidneys.
Your face is giving you the root causes of your breakouts. Since breakouts are the result of hormonal imbalance and diet, it’s time to reevaluate your diet.
How to do that? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you eating anything that your body is not loving (eg: dairy, sugar, gluten)?
- Are you stressed? Stress equals high cortisol which is why your body might not be feeling its best. And if your body is not feeling its best, it may affect your digestion.
Tip #2 - Clean Supplements
Your gut is the powerhouse of your second brain. Taking probiotics over a small course of time is helpful in fixing the gut lining. Another suggestion is to add Aloe Vera to your diet. Aloe Vera doesn’t only help with digestion, but it also gets your skin glowing. You can add collagen supplements to your diet as well. Biotin is excellent for your skin, hair and nails. You can add Omega 3 Fatty Acids which you can naturally find in food, but make sure to supplement. Finally, make sure to have antioxidant powders to help your body naturally fight.
These are Tamara’s natural and clean skin tips for great skin! How do you take care of your T-Zone? Let us know.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.