Are you ready to cook?! Sunchef’s Souraya joined our Wellness Wednesday on Instagram Live on June 9th, 2021, to prepare baked avocados with sundried tomatoes and walnuts.
Souraya loves creating recipes that turn traditional unhealthy snacks into delicious, decadent, and guilt-free foods. From her happy belly to yours, she redefines baked avocados.
PART I - RECIPE
You will need:
- 2 large avocados
- 1/3 cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Chili flakes
- Fresh coriander
- Salt & pepper
- Now, step one, before attempting anything else, preheat your oven at 180°C, convection mode.
- Grab both avocados and cut them lengthways. Scoop out the seeds and some of the surrounding pulp on each half.
- Cut one entire avocado into small pieces.
- Grab a bowl, and mix the chopped avocados with sun dried tomatoes, walnuts, olive oil, balsamic, chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well, then add the mixture evenly to the other avocado.
- Get a baking tray, place your two halves of avocado on it, then bake for 10 to 12 mins.
PART II - HEALTH BENEFITS
Here’s a quick rundown of the health benefits of each ingredient in this recipe.
- Loaded with fiber
- Loaded with powerful antioxidants that can protect the eyes
- May help you lose weight
Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
- Packed with Vitamin C
- Help with constipation
- Contains potent medicinal properties
- Highly nutritious with very few calories
- Contains antioxidants that may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Rich in antioxidants
- Super plant source of Omega-3s
- Promote a healthy gut
- Contains large amounts of antioxidants
- Has strong anti-inflammatory properties
- Protects against heart disease
- Lowers cholesterol
- Supports weight loss
- Improves blood circulation
- Help with pain relief
- Aid in weight loss
- Contain vitamin sand minerals
- Rich in immunity-boosting antioxidants
- May protect brain health
- May help lower blood sugar
- Helps thyroid function properly
- Keeps the body hydrated
- Prevents low blood pressure
- High in antioxidants
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- May have cancer-fighting properties
If you love to recreate traditional recipes in new, fun ways, check out Souraya’s Instagram page @_sunchef for more recipes, easy workouts, and healthy living tips!
That’s all folks! Thank you for joining us for this session, and thank you to Souraya for this delicious recipe. Stay tuned for more Wellness Wednesdays to come!
If you have any questions or topic suggestions, feel free to reach out to the Mint Basil Market team.