How would you like to taste Christmas? Well, now you can with this gluten-free, paleo Gingerbread Cake! It is moist and tender, with a sweet vanilla coconut swirl! This dairy-free cake is sure to be a favorite for the holiday season!
Follow along with Health expert and holistic coach Tamara Quaddoumi to make the best dessert for the holidays.
You will need:
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- Kitchen Aid or Hand Mixer
You can find most of the ingredients listed below at Mint Basil Market.
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 2 Eggs Room Temperature
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 Cups Oat flour
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3 tsp. Ginger
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Allspice
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 150g Vegan or Regular Butter
- 1/2 Cup Powdered ‘Sugar’ (or Coconut Sugar)
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper and spread coconut oil over it.
- Grab your bowl and add coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses, eggs, vanilla and almond mylk.
- Whisk them together well.
- Add oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and salt.
- Whisk again until the mix is smooth and well-blended.
- Transfer to your baking tray and pop in the oven for 19 minutes.
And now the frosting!
- Break down 150g of vegan butter into small pieces in a bowl.
- Add powdered “sugar”, then use a kitchen aid or hand mixer to blend the ingredients together.
- Keep the machine going while you add vanilla and coconut milk.
Here’s the best part: icing!
- Slice your cake into two.
- Spread the frosting on one layer then add the second layer and frost.
- Decorate with fruits or dried nuts for a festive feel.
Take a generous bite and enjoy! If you tried this recipe or have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.