Easy ✔ Gluten-Free ✔ Vegan ✔
Say hello to your new favorite dessert or snack: Vegan Halva! If you have never heard of halva, it’s a middle eastern dessert very popular in Lebanon, Greece, Turkey, and many other countries. Made with tahini and honey or sugar, it’s sweet, nutty, and has a crumbly yet soft texture. It goes very well with coffee and makes a delicious afternoon snack!
You just need four ingredients to make this easy treat by Sharon Ghanime, a health expert and yoga teacher. Each square is the perfect simple combination of healthy fats and protein to fuel yourself sweetly and naturally. The recipe uses everyday ingredients to reach ultimate fudginess.
This recipe will only take 5 mins of your time in preparation so let’s get to it!
You will need:
- Baking tray
- 1 cup Tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa powder
Mix all ingredients in the bowl. Pour into the tray while making sure that the mix is spread evenly.
Place in the freezer until solid.
Take it out of the freezer and cut it into cubes as big as you’d like.
Take a generous bite and enjoy! You can top your halva with pistachios, dried fruits, or any other topping you like. Store the halva in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and it will keep fresh for up to 2 months.
Here is a list of some health benefits provided by this recipe’s ingredients:
- Highly nutritious.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- May decrease your risk of certain diseases.
- May have antibacterial properties.
- Contains anti-inflammatory compounds.
- May strengthen your central nervous system.
- May offer anticancer effects.
- Helps protect liver and kidney function.
- Contains healthy fatty acids.
- May boost heart health.
- May encourage fat burning.
- May have antimicrobial effects.
- May reduce hunger.
- May reduce seizures.
- May raise HDL (good) cholesterol.
- May protect your skin, hair, and teeth.
- Contains Numerous Antioxidants.
- Gets a Lower Score on the Glycemic Index.
- Fights Inflammatory Diseases.
- May Help Protect Against Cancer.
- Helps Protect Skin Health.
- Alternative To Sugar For Improved Digestion.
- Supplies Important Vitamins and Minerals.
- Rich in Polyphenols That Provide Several Health Benefits
- May Reduce High Blood Pressure
- May Lower Your Risk of Heart Attack and Stroke
- May Improve Blood Flow to Your Brain and Brain Function
- May Improve Mood and Symptoms of Depression by Various Means
- May Have Cancer-Protective Properties
- May Help People With Asthma
If you tried this recipe or have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.