Vegetarian ✔ High Protein ✔ High Fiber ✔
This viral Jennifer Aniston salad, also known as the "Rachel Salad", is made up of bulgur wheat, cucumber, chickpeas, red onion, fresh mint and parsley, pistachios, and feta cheese. The simple salad dressing recipe combines lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Recipe via foolproof living (foolproofliving.com)
- 1 Cup Bulgur Wheat (or Quinoa)
- 2 Cups Water (or Vegetable or Chicken Stock)
- ¼ Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cucumber, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ Cup Red Onion, chopped
- ½ Cup Fresh Mint, chopped
- ½ Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- ½ Cup Pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- ½ Cup Crumbled Feta
To cook bulgur wheat, place bulgur and 2 cups of water (or chicken or veggie broth) in a small saucepan (with a lid) over medium heat. Bring to a boil, put the lid on, turn down the heat to low and cook until all the cooking liquid is absorbed.
Let it rest while you are working on the rest of the ingredients. Right before adding it to the salad, fluff it with a fork.
For the salad dressing, start by whisking together lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper in a small bowl or cup.
To assemble the salad, place the bulgur, cucumber, chickpeas, red onion, fresh herbs, pistachios, and feta cheese in a large bowl.
Drizzle with the salad dressing. Give it a gentle toss, taste for seasoning, and add more if necessary before serving.
If you tried this recipe or have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us or let us know in the comments!