Simple ✔ Vegan ✔ Gluten-Free ✔
This spring quinoa salad features protein- and antioxidant-rich quinoa, nutritious asparagus and radishes and fresh parsley and pistachios, all tossed in a simple lemon dressing. It’s fresh, flavorful and perfect for meal prep!
Recipe via Eating Bird Food (@eatingbirdfood)
- 1 Cup Dry Quinoa
- 1 lbs. Fresh Asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Bunch Radishes, quartered
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil + 2 Teaspoons
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Pinch of Crushed Red Chili Flakes
- ⅕ Cup Parsley Leaves, chopped
- 5 Scallions, chopped
- ¼ Cup Shelled Pistachios, chopped
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Salad Bowl
- Set oven to 200° C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a pot with boiling water, cook the dry quinoa until softened. Remove from heat, fluff and let cool.
- In a salad bowl, mix asparagus and radishes with olive oil and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes (or until they have reached your desired texture).
- Once roasted, remove the veggies from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, maple syrup, sea salt and red pepper flakes. Add the asparagus, radishes, quinoa, parsley and scallions to the bowl and toss well to combine.
- Portion into bowls and top with pistachios before serving. Enjoy!
To store, place leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you tried this recipe or have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us or let us know in the comments!